Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels, Belgium, 1958
The structure is composed of hyperbolic-paraboloid shells which, up to now, have not been used for problems of this type. The walls are constructed of rough slabs cast in sand moulds on the ground, measuring about 5'-0" on a side and 2" in thickness. They are mounted in place by means of a movable scaffolding and are supported by a double network of cables, 3" in diameter, suspended along the cylindrical directrices of strongly reinforced concrete. Such is the principal of the structure.

The electronic poem of Le Corbusier at the Philips Pavilion marks the first appearance of a new art form : "The Elec­tronic Games", a synthesis unlimited in its possibilities for color, imagery, music, words and rythm.

Extract from Le Corbusier, Oeuvre complète, volume 6, 1952-1957
fleche_left
fleche_right
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
1/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
2/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
3/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
4/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
5/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
6/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
7/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
8/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
9/10
Pavillon Philips, exposition internationale de 1958, Brussels
© FLC/ADAGP
10/10