With regard to its various missions, the Foudnation Le Corbusier has established numerous academic partnerships. It accompanies students in their research, in particular by welcoming them in its documentation center.
- UAL / Autonomous University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Since 2021, the Foundation has accompanied doctoral students at the Autonomous University of Lisbon in their research, seminars and publications.
- IUAV / Università IUAV di Venezia, Italy
- ClusterLAB HEModern
- The partnership focuses on the development of research on the conservation and valorization of the 20th century architecture.
- Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
- The partnership between Panjab University and the Foundation focuses on collaborative projects related to the archives of the Foundation Le Corbusier, with the objective of developing research and actions related to Chandigarh and Pierre Jeanneret, notably in the framework of the Getty grant « Keeping it Modern » on Pierre Jeanneret’s Gandhi Bhawan.
- ESTP Cachan – Institute of Research in Constructability – IRC, École Spéciale des Travaux Publics, du Bâtiment et de l’Industrie, France
- FRESCO project (conFort theRmique édificES Corbusier) with the DRAC IDF and the laboratory of research of historical monuments. In a context of global warming, the thermal comfort and energy performance of concrete buildings are a major issus. The objective of the FRESCO project is the research of innovative solutions of resilience applicable to concrete heritage. The project will allow to draw up an inventory of Le Corbusier’s architecture in Ile-de-France (Le Roche and Jeanneret houses, Le Corbusier apartment-studio and the Molitor building) by combining documentary studies, diagnosis and instrumentation. It will lead to the elaboration of dedicated digital models and the experimentation of innovative solutions.
- INP Research Laboratory, France
- Project ZIP 2 – Conservation restoration of the zip
- The Foundation is a partner in the « ZIP » research project, led by the INP Research Laboratory with the National Library of France (BnF), the Centre Pompidou and the Museum of Modern Art (New York), to study collections of architectural drawings that show the use, now obsolete, of an industrial graphic design product : the zip. This multidisciplinary project, which brings together a team of curators, scientists and restorers, aims to develop conservation and restoration solutions.